Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 1, 2009

Minnesota!

Well, I have to apologize, I've been caught up in the lure of the summer sun and have been out enjoying every minute of it! So as you might have noticed, it's been a while since I've updated so I'm going to do my best here to travel back in the past month here and play catch up!

At the beginning of May, Wyatt and I accompanied Justin on our very first trip to Minnesota. Justin's dad's family lives there so we were able to visit with all of them as well as attend his cousin CJ's wedding. Justin had warned me that Bemidji, Minnesota didn't have much to offer, and let me tell you he was right. It was pretty small, but we did get to see several neat things. We took a drive with Justin's dad up to the headwaters of the Mighty Mississippi, which isn't quite so mighty at the beginning, but it was a beautiful location to see. We also took pictures with Paul Bunyan and Babe the blue ox, Wyatt looked like a speck next to them! The highlight of our trip was the Wedding. CJ and Lexi had a beautiful wedding that was a lot of fun. We ate and danced and I was able to meet so many people from Justin's extended family. While we were down there we stayed with Justin's relatives and I think Wyatt would have been happy just staying there. He was in love with his cousins Maija and Taylor and his face would light up when he saw them. He even let Uncle Karson and Aunt Wendy babysit him! That is a big deal considering his only other babysitters have been his grandparents! He loved the whole family and probably would have been happy to move in! So even though at first Minnesota sounded a little boring to me, I would be happy to go and visit again anytime!


Wyatt at the headwaters

Busting a move with Maija at the wedding


With Paul, can you see him there on the ground?


Us at the wedding



All of the grandchildren and great grandchildren!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...