Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Unsaid Thanks

It's so easy to say "I'm thankful", like spouting off an auto-programmed I love you. And maybe sometimes there isn't the meaning it deserves backing it up. So while taking my shower this morning, the hot water raining down on me and clearing my head, I thought about it. I think it's a given that I'm thankful for my health and that of my family and friends. A given that I'm thankful for my loving supportive husband, and my beautiful little boys, and a given that I'm thankful for a roof over our head and food on the table.


But what's not always a given, auto-programmed answer, is that I'm thankful for the downs. The curve balls that life throws my way. The times when you are so blinded by what you don't have to be thankful for what you do. Yep, I'm thankful for those times. They put into perspective the blessings that I have in my life, and make me even more grateful and thankful for times when life is good.




I'm thankful for the opportunity to chase my dreams, to live in a country where the sky is really the limit, and I have the chance to do what I have always dreamed of doing. And right along with that, I'm thankful for my two brothers and many friends who serve this country so that it may continue to be the land of dreams. And so thankful that at this point in time, every single one of them is home on U.S soil, safe and sound. Of course there are many who are overseas right now, and I'm so thankful that they are willing to put their lives on hold, and even sacrifice it like one of my brave childhood friends, to defend our countries honor.



I'm thankful that my two boys have a father who comes home every night, and would rather wrestle around on the floor with them then go out on the town. And that, that father is also an amazing husband who respects and values me as a wife and a mother and always makes me feel like a partner and an equal to him, because I know as husbands go, that isn't always the case.




These things may seem simple, but hey after all, it's the simple things that make my heart sing. The simple little joys that define who I am, that make me grateful and thankful day in and day out. And though we only designate one day to give thanks. Every morning, when I get up with the sun, to two little groggy, bed-headed boys. And see their smiles cutting through the dim of the early morning, I give thanks.


2 comments:

tbsomeday said...

beautifully written as always
happy thanksgiving

Emily said...

Well said. And by the way, your boys are total studs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...