Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Change is in the air

If I could freeze time, at this point in Wyatt's life, I would. As I tucked him into bed tonight, he looked so big. It feels as if the last week has aged Wyatt by months, he is changing and growing, and I'm not sure that I am ready to let him grow up. Yesterday I held him for the first time, today he turned into a boy and tomorrow he is moving out...that's how it feels. I can't believe how much only 5 months has changed him, I am so proud of him, but why did he have to cram all these milestones into one week! This past week Wyatt started eating solid food as part of his everyday routine. Exciting yes, but if you have ever nursed a child you know how special that time is, and what a great bond it creates. And to realize that every meal that is now solid foods means one less time a day I nurse him, is a little sad. My little boy has also decided now he wants to sit up all by himself, no practice, just bam, he can do it! So with his new sitting capabilities, he sat in a high, chair, and a shopping cart! These aren't things that babies do! He is also on the verge of rolling from his back to his front, and he moves all over the place to get his toys! I never realized, even though everyone told me, how fast time would actually fly by! My favorite thing by far though, is that he seems to have a whole new level of awareness. Now when I read him a book, he turns and looks at me talking, and when we look in the mirror and I talk to him, he turns and looks at me. He has connected that that voice that was just coming out of nowhere before, is actually coming from Mom. It is amazing how fast they learn, and what an awesome expierience to see those lights flip on inside his head everyday, and be able to expierience all of his "firsts".

I know there is nothing I can do to slow time down, so for now I cherish every moment.

And just to add another bit of mush to this already mushy blog :).. Today Justin and I celebrated our five year anniversary. Five years and one day ago, I would have never imagined that I would spend the rest of my life with him and have a wonderful family together. But five years ago, when I looked into his eyes as his new girlfriend, I had no doubt, that he was the one I would grow old with. Thank you Justin for everything, and I look forward to the many wonderful years to come!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...