Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hail to the cheif

And we all know who the chief is. That would be Wyatt, because he certainly dictates how and when we are going to do anything! Well today I was invited for a girls night out, drinks, dancing, fun - (apparently this is something that people without kids like to do on the weekends). So I am excited about the idea of putting on a clean shirt tomorrow and catching up with some friends. In this conversation about going out though I quickly became aware that I am indeed a Mom. The conversation went as follows:

"blah, blah drinks?"

"yes, sounds good, when and where?"

"how about 10 or 11?"

me: "a.m.????"

Now any other 20-something would have never thought that a 10 o'clock invitation for drinks would ever mean 10 am, but in this new life of mine, 10 p.m is when I'm finally crashing in to bed after a long day, not getting dressed up and going out. So regardless that I am going to be up past my bedtime :) I am looking forward to my first time out since before I was pregnant. However I am not looking forward to Saturday morning when Wyatt still wants to wake up at 7, and I want to sleep until 10a.m, and then, as previously invited to do so, have a drink :)

1 comment:

Audrey said...

haha i love this because you were talking to me and i wouldn't even think that it was late. I'm glad that we got to go at, even though it wasn't that successful. Next time we'll have to make sure we don't have as many cars!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...