Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sun and Rain and a Lifetime of Happiness

Yes, I love taking pictures, and would be happy to one day do it for more then just pleasure. But who knew spending all day photographing a wedding would be a workout!? Am I really that out of shape!?
Justin's sister Alyse got married in the Alaskan wilderness this past weekend, at Justin's Mom's cabin in Tenderfoot, Alaska. The wedding and the couple were both beautiful. But I learned one thing, being a guest and a photographer at a wedding, doesn't quite work. I had to abandon the guest title to take pictures. I heard that the food was excellent and that my kids and husband enjoyed themselves, but, I'll have to take everyone elses word for it. And then when I thought I could spend the next day at home relaxing, I instead woke up feeling like I spent the previous day doing squats.


























































We did get some wonderful pictures though, and I'm sure they will treasure them many years down the road, so the busy day was worth it in the end.




We were lucky to have sun on their wedding day, but overall we have had a crummy summer. The sun will maybe peek out for one day out of every 4 or 5. I'm really getting tired of gray! So on days when we have even the littlest bit of sun we have been taking advantage of it and playing outside, and making do inside when it's a little too soggy for us.










And even though today looked to be falling into that soggy category, it was the day of our town's "Golden Days" Parade, in celebration of finding gold here in the interior. I debated going or not, especially since Justin was at work, and the gray sky was letting down a little rain here and there. But at the last minute I decided that we could always bail if it got too cold. I'm glad we made the trip though. We happened to land a great spot, courtesy of my neighbors who we happened to run into. We were on the raised porch of the old state building downtown. So we were covered from the rain and a safe distance from the road so that I didn't have to worry about Wyatt. He was so thrilled to see all of the floats, and fire trucks and old cars. And old Mother Nature even held the rain off for a little while. So we enjoyed the morning, Ben wrapped snug against my chest, and Wyatt whooping and hollering at everything that passed by.

And Ben, oh my Ben, did I mention that in addition to not only being perfect, that he's a month old! Where does the time go!?

1 comment:

tbsomeday said...

you did a great job with the wedding pictures!
ben is adorable and the one of you and him together...i love it--you look so beautiful!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...