Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Form Over Function

Months ago caught up in the second half of my pregnancy and my long list of things to buy, I set out on my search for the perfect crib. Not to frilly, but not boy-ly either. A natural neutral color that will go with any decor, and quality construction to last long enough for future little ones to rest in. Note that nowhere on this list is anything about ease of use, and that would explain my current backache. At this point I would trade my beautiful crib for the paint peeling, teeth mark covered, broken slatted one discarded in a dumpster somewhere, IF.. it had a drop down side. Let me paint you a picture of me trying to lay an almost sleeping baby down into his crib. The top of his crib hits me just above my waist. At a place in my body where I don't naturally bend. So when I get up from the rocking chair and creep over to the crib. I then have to perform a gymnastics act, mixed with the grace of ballet to lay him down without waking him all the way up. I raise up to the tip top of my toes to a place where my body will bend. Then I stretch my torso out and extend my go-go gadget arms, while keeping them strong to hold Wyatt's weight, and gently lay him down. If I want to kiss him goodnight once he is laying down I create an almost teeter totter type scene balancing my body on the edge of his crib, on leg off the ground trying to tip my body in the crib towards Wyatt all while trying not to fall in on top of him! And right now since Wyatt doesn't move in bed, the crib is on the highest setting, what the heck am I going to do when I have to move it to the lower setting? I'll be climbing in there with him I guess, and forget goodnight kisses on the forehead unless I want to end up in the crib too.. what's the weight limit on this thing again??

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...