Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hello Hindsight

Awh hindsight, isn't it so wonderful. Never has the phrase, "hindsight is 20/20", rang so clear to me. I took a little trip up to the University earlier this week to register for classes, yep that's right, after a much enjoyed year off, it's back to school for me. Anyways though I'm sitting patiently in the advisers office while she types in my ID, pulls up my account and peruses my records. She's mumbling and giving the occasional "hmm" or "oh!" while I sit there and twiddle my thumbs. Then she turns to me and oh so nicely kicks me in the gut. She says, "You know if you had been taking classes full time these past years, you would be graduating this year." I wanted to smack her smile off her face! Thanks for rubbing it in that at 23 instead of graduating with the rest of my peers, I am only halfway through my sophomore year credit wise. I spent the rest of the afternoon thinking about how nice it would be to be finishing up right now, and kicking myself for not applying myself earlier. Well at least I am going back though, even if more kids come along and I don't actually put my degree to use, it will be nice to have. I always appreciated that my Mom did not work while we were growing up She was always there for us when we came home from school, made dinner every night, and we never had to compete with work for attention. I hope that I might be lucky enough to stay home with my kids, instead of letting someone else raise them. Now that she is back on the job I am sure it is nice for her to know that the years she took off were worth every unearned penny because as I know now, children grow so fast and that is time that you never get back. Anyways - trip down memory lane aside- I'm jumping back in the saddle and taking on school once again. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Stacey and Richard said...

Girl, it took me 10 years to complete my BA, then I was addicted and didn't stop until after an M.ED. and 2 additional certifications. I was working on another when baby came along. It will happen for you! At least you have a beautiful reason for taking it a slow. I was just lazy and disillusioned for a while!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...