Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 10, 2009

These are Trying Times..

Trying to stay sane that is! I knew that day would come when Wyatt would start to test his independance, and let me tell you, that day is here. Being that he has always been such an easy going baby I never really had any "my head's going to explode" type days...until today.
This l-o-n-g day actually started last night when Wyatt decided my keys needed to be at the bottom of the toilet, so there they went. They were only in there a couple seconds but it was too late and my remote start could not be revived. I layed the remote start keychain on the counter hoping maybe overnight it would dry out and come back to life. Then this morning I woke up to a grumpy little boy, he was throwing his toys and trying to hit me, and not being his normal self at all. He even managed to pull off the top layer if his high chair tray and throw it at me!! He was pushing every button I had, and then he did just what he could to push me over the edge. I was in the bathroom finishing up doing my hair when in walks Wyatt. Before I had a chance to even notice what he was doing, up goes the toilet lid and in goes my wallet! UGH!!! So then I fish my wallet out of the toilet and decide we need to get out of the house. I grab the keys and of course, the keychain didn't make it through the night. So I use the key to unlock the car (the remote start is also an alarm) and what does it do...set the alarm off. Since this disarm button is on the un-working keychain I can't turn it off! After a few minutes of a piercing alarm breaking the normal silence of our neighborhood Justin figures out that if you start the car, the alarm stops...until you shut the car off again! So I grab my water logged wallet and head to the auto place that installed our remote start. Sure they have a replacement one...for $115.00! So I pull out my wallet and my debit card, wipe my wet card off on my leg and hand it over. And as an added bonus, when I turn my wallet over in my hand, cold toilet water drips out of it and trickles down my arm.
Well 115 dollars later, the alarm is off. However we still had major grocery shopping to do and a house to be cleaned. I wondered if 1pm was too early to start drinking? I decided I better not, but a few hours later I wished I had. Needless to say, Wyatt is in bed early tonight, and I am still trying to relax. At least this is not his everyday routine...I hope.

1 comment:

Cat said...

Ugh, sorry you had such a rough day! Here's hoping Wyatt settles down soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...