Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 27, 2009

I Hearby Request a Christmas Redo

This Christmas will definitely be one to remember. Starting with my visit to the hospital Christmas morning. Yep that's right..Christmas eve I felt decent - aside from being on day 4 of being covered in hives, ugh! We went to Justin's Grandparent's house for Christmas eve as we always do. It works out nicely that we don't have dueling families on Christmas day because Justin's family does their festivities Christmas eve and my family does ours Christmas day. We had a great time and Wyatt - who loves a party - had a ball, although he wasn't too interested in opening his presents. After the Grandparent's house we headed to my Aunt & Uncle's for an open house they were having. I was getting progressively itchier but we decided to make a quick stop. After eating there and visiting for a few we headed home. A couple hours later I wasn't feeling so hot, but I decided it was probably just another lovely pregnancy feeling. I decided to try taking some benadryl to see if it would help my hives and then go to bed. While...about 45 minutes after taking that, my guts were not agreeing with me. I'll spare you the details but lets just say I didn't go more then 30 minutes all night without throwing up! I was miserable!! Christmas morning came and I was able to pull myself together for about 15 minutes to get a great video of Wyatt's surprise at what Santa left him (which I will try to upload later) but after that I was down for the count. I wondered if this was a reaction to the benadryl and being pregnant I didn't want to take any chances so my Mom came and got Wyatt and Justin and I went to the emergency room. Three hours and some great IVs later, I was feeling much better. Yet when leaving the emergency room, I noticed my cousin, who was at the same party last night, was in the waiting room with the same exact symptoms as me! So it was an apparent case of food poisoning, and a bad case at that. We went out to my parents after pulling myself together to try to enjoy a little of Christmas. Wyatt of course was having a great time out there playing with his uncles and his new toys. I laid like a dead log on the couch for most of the day, and ate maybe two bites of Christmas dinner. So needless to say it wasn't my best Christmas, but everyone else seemed to have a great time, especially Wyatt. I am feeling much better now though and I think I have found the answer to my mystery hives. I believe I have developed a dog allergy. Possibly one of the worst allergies for me to develop. I'm not sure what we are going to do yet, we'll see if the doctor has any answers for me this week!

Christmas Eve - Heather, Wyatt and Lilliana




Stealing other people's presents and giving them to the dog!
Throwing Keely's ball for her
His favorite present Christmas morning - by far!
Hopefully I can upload the video of his reaction!
The day after - still worn out, check out his hair!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...