Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

There is no better way to ring in summer, then with a piping hot Memorial Day weekend. And what is Memorial Day without water, and a sunburn.
Somewhere I got the idea that I was supermom, and decided to take not only Wyatt, a puppy, and our other dog out to the pond, but also my 6 and 8 year old nephew and niece... by myself. They all play so well together, especially Wyatt and Haydn, you would think they were the same age out there throwing rocks and splashing around together. Several hours, and a nice golden glow later, we headed back towards town, everyone surprisingly in one piece and happy.







While Wyatt settled down for a much needed nap, the kids invited the neighbor girl over and they spent the next hour running through the sprinkler in the front yard, jumping and yelling, and laughing.

I am not a fan of Justin's rotating schedule, and I really wish he had consistent days off. He did happen to have one day off this past weekend. So although he wasn't able to join us for the first trip to the pond. We decided to pack up the three of us and the dogs and head out again the next day. It heated up to the mid 80's and the cool water felt refreshing against our legs as we waded slowly in. Apparently the sun was a little too hot for my skin and I ended up a little red, but I enjoyed every minute of the heat.



And nothing caps of a perfect weekend like meeting up with old friends for a little play date at the park. Sometimes I think the play dates are more for us then them, either way we enjoyed ourselves.




Friends, Sun, Water, what a wonderful way to ring in the summer. And what a wonderful way to honor those who fought for our country, by enjoying the freedom that we have.


2 comments:

tbsomeday said...

you really took some beautiful pictures!
looks like you had a grand time!
kids are adorable as is the puppy

love that last popsicle one and the floaty picture too....awww

love the part about enjoying our freedom too!

Emily said...

I miss all you guys! It's a cute picture. Also, I'm mighty jealous that you're having nice summer weather. Everyone keeps talking about Utah summers are sooo hot, but I have yet to see 85 degrees... Oh well. I'm sure I'll be wishing for cold days when it gets to 105.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...