Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 28, 2010

Sweet Summertime


There's something about a clear blue sky, and a bright beaming sun, that makes it impossible to just sit inside and watch the day go by. Everything is green, my flowers are planted and blooming, and at ten o'clock at night, then sun is just setting. If I haven't said it before, I love Alaskan summers.

The temperatures have climbed to the mid 80's everyday this week. But between sticky melting popsicles, the cool murky river, and a sprinkler that rains ice cold water over our heads, we have managed to enjoy every minute of it.

And I'm looking forward to hopefully taking the canoe out next week, since Justin has to work all weekend. That is one of my favorite summer pastimes, spending a few hours on the river, my shoulders turning a nice golden brown, letting my cares just float away.

I've been avoiding my weekly tasks that take away from my outdoor time, and so far my shopping list for the week only reads:
More popsicles

Maybe this means that Justin will go do the shopping for me? =) I can dream, right!?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...