Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Days Like These

When every day starts to feel like a Sunday, and you can spend the entire day outside, without paying a single thought to the growing pile of laundry, or the unmade bed, you know that winter is officially over.

This morning when I stepped outside, I could smell rain in the air. The ground was dry, but that comforting scent hung on the breeze, nothing can quite compare to that smell. I can't help but stop on my way to the car, close my eyes and breath in deeply, letting it fill every corner of my lungs. Even though I knew that the rain was still near, the sky was blue and cloud free, and promised to me, with a warm gentle whisper by my ear, that it would be a beautiful day.

These are the days meant for barefoot romps in the driveway, and hands covered in dirt and sidewalk chalk. The kind of days where odd looks from the neighbors are thrown in your direction, as your kid tears around the front lawn, on a sugar high from the blueberry ice cream that now covers his face.

Few things bring me joy more than days like these.


These are father and son "playtime" days








And that scrumptious afore mentioned, Alaska blueberry ice cream - not to be consumed in small quantities =)



And when days like these start to cool down, and the sun sinks slowly behind the trees, they give way to evenings spent rolling around the living room floor. Evenings where you can't even hear your thoughts above the laughter of my wonderful little boy. But when he laughs, it's the only sound in the world I want to be listening to anyways.



And then, at last, as evenings always do, they fade into night. And we wash away the dirt from the day, and we spend a few moments with the ones we love, quietly, soaking them in, thinking about the wonderful day behind us.








And then it's off to bed, to dream about the possibilities of tomorrow, and the adventures that the days that follow may have in store - and hopefully those days, are just like this.

1 comment:

Cat said...

How does your heart not just explode with the awesomeness of it? Beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...