Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 5, 2010

And Then...A Shift


September has always been my month. It's always so hard to let summer slip out of your hand, but September makes it easy by coming in and filling your cup with fall. With beautiful reds, and golds, and cool crisp breezes that have the distinct smell of snow hidden somewhere deep inside them.
I drink September in, and then I go back for seconds. Not letting a single drop go to waste, because once it's gone, it's gone.

September is change. It's another summer down, another year older for me, and for my little wild child. It's a change in scenery, a change in thinking. A shift in the way I look at the world. And my shift this year was slightly unexpected. A thought in my head has been struggling with me, and we have been fighting back and forth. School started back up on Thursday, and the night before I was torn between leaving my little, still so new, boy, and going to tackle another semester. Sometimes I feel torn between the two lives that I want. And in an effort to not let this one life I have go to waste, I try to conquer both. Staying at home with my boys always keeps my happiness meter filled to the brim. At the same time though, I'm working towards my degree to teach and work outside of the home when my boys are in school, and also wanting to expand my photography. And somewhere I have to find that balance. Yet I'm still deciding what I want to do when I grow up, and even though motherhood is the ultimate job, it's not all that I want to do with my life. So a shift has occurred. And even though when Thursday, the first day or school, came, and I decided to stay home curled up with Ben in my big warm bed. I wasn't giving up on my goals, rather prioritizing. School will be there, teacher's will be needed. But my boys will not be this small forever. And at an age where they change and grow so rapidly, I could not miss a single day in their ever changing lives.

So September, your wave of change has blown in and knocked me over. Rearranged me for a little while. Spun me around and set me off spinning in a different direction. And once I get my balance, I'm off and running. Because life is short, and if I'm going to do it all, I need to start now.
And most important, I need to capture those little moments in life, that pass so quickly.








And another special moment, my beautiful niece Isabella is a senior this year and we took her senior pictures this weekend, here's a look, absolutely stunning!




1 comment:

tbsomeday said...

beautiful post
beautifully written
beautiful pictures
beautiful children
beautiful niece
beautiful outlook

i'm glad you stayed home!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...