Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 17, 2010

I'm In Love...



...Can you see why?




Oh Ben, I know I don't write much about him, because my fireball is usually stealing the show, but my little Ben is going to give him a run for his money pretty soon. His personality is now peeking out from the shadows and he is really starting to come alive. He coos and he ahhhs, and he unintentionally rolls, and he smiles. Oh does he smile. From ear to ear, his little toothless mouth stretched as far as it will go, it reads through his whole body when he smiles. His deep blue eyes shine like ice, and his arms move in happy unintentional jerky movements. When he smiles, his whole body smiles, and if Ben is awake, he is smiling.


Do I dare say that my Ben is easier then my easy-as-pie Wyatt was as a baby? Yes I do, but you better believe that I'm knocking on wood as I type this. I look into his deep blue eyes and wonder how two years will change him, as it has changed his brother. Will he be wild and free, or shy and reserved, quiet or loud? Just for the record, my money is on calm, happy and laid back, that seems to be who he is.


I'd like to believe that Ben is so laid back because he knew that would just make my life easier. (that's why, right?) He knew that if he didn't fuss and cry, and handed out smiles to everyone like they were the free cookie at the grocery store, that his Mama would be delighted. And that I could spend more time laughing, talking, singing, and smiling with him. More time falling in Love...






And those two years I speak of, boy do they go fast..


It's a little bittersweet that my baby is turning two

Apparently he isn't so thrilled about it either though...

2 comments:

tbsomeday said...

wow--such striking photos
the color of the hat and those eyes, WOW, those eyes!
blue blue blue

oh and i had to laugh at that last pic
it's beautiful even with the cries :)

enjoy your happy boy!
makes me want one...

Emily said...

Ben has the most amazingly blue eyes I have ever seen! He's going to be a heartbreaker some day.

I still can't believe that Wyatt is now two! Where has the time gone?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...