Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Down and Out

Tuesday evening I held my little lump in my arms, and he felt hot hot hot. I took his temperature and the thermometer read 103.8! Justin questioned the accuracy, so after digging around for a while to find another thermometer we took it again and got a reading of 104. I called Wyatt's pediatrician's office, and luckily they don't close until 8pm, so they were able to get us in at 7:40. I'm not too fond of the pediatrician we saw(not our normal doc) but he did decide that Wyatt had a sinus infection and some fluid in his ears. That would explain things! Despite forcing tylenol and motrin down his throat all night, along with antibiotics, his fever didn't go down, and we all had a very restless night. Wednesday was much the same, Wyatt = lump. His fever was still bouncing between 102-104 and he wasn't eating. Being that he is my baby I was starting to worry. Thursday he seemed to hit his low. He slept for 90% of the day and would fall asleep in my arms any chance he got, he didn't eat, and his temperature was still hovering in the 103 range. Then, like someone flipped a switch, he woke up from a nap Thursday evening and was happy, playing, and even asking for food! I was hoping that he had turned the corner and we were on the road to recovery. Today, Friday he seems to be his normal wacky self. Still slightly warm, yet nowhere near the boiling point he was at these past few days. I am so happy that he is feeling better, especially since I think both of us were getting a little stir crazy just sitting in the house! This was his first illness and hopefully the last for at least a while to come!

1 comment:

Cat said...

Poor kiddo! Glad he's feeling better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...