Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Today We Walked



The air still has a chill that will bite at your cheeks, but as I watched the temperature creep above zero and settle around ten degrees, I decided we would brave the elements. A few minutes and many layers later, we were bundled up and ready to go. I rescued the sled from under a layer of snow and away we went. The park is only a 7 minute walk from our house so that was our destination. Wyatt took in all of the sights as we walked down the snow covered sidewalk. He was silent except for the occasional "whee" he let out every now and then. As we came around the corner and the park came into view, his eyes lit up. Of course a park covered in a few feet of snow isn't quite as much fun as it is in the summer, he was still excited.




I let him venture out on his own, and he wandered down the packed down paths that cris-crossed the park. Every now and then he would glance back to make sure I was still there, smile, and continue on his way.




Eventually we made our way to the playground equipment. We went down the slide, and then Wyatt discovered in winter it is impossible to walk back up a slippery slide - a little disappointing. We climbed on the wooden structures, and I started to regret not putting snow pants on myself as my jeans were now wet from the snow.





After a good 45 minutes of playing, Wyatt's legs began to grow tired from trudging through the snow, and we decided to pack up the sled and head home.

Now I'm nice and warn on the couch with a cup of hot tea, and Wyatt is taking a nap, recuperating from his day at the park.

1 comment:

Holly said...

What a fun outing:) We just got tons of snow so Spencer took Jacob out to play today, but Carter's sick so him and I had to stay home where it's warm. I love pictures of little kids all bundled up, Wyatt is such a cutie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...