Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Prelude To An Illness

Sunday morning Wyatt and I woke up as Justin was heading to bed - he just got off working nights the past couple days. We started about our normal morning together routine, made coffee and breakfast for both of us, then settled on the couch together to watch Mickey Mouse. After a couple minutes of Wyatt hanging out on the living room floor he came over and climbed into my lap - a welcome surprise. Normally if my wiggly worm even asks to be held, it only lasts a minute or two. Yet surprisingly he sat on my lap, and shared the occasional sip of coffee with me, making a quiet "mmm" sound after every sip. Now Wyatt has never been one to cuddle. Ever since he could move on his own he has been on the go, so this was a situation I was definitely going to take advantage of. We went to his book basket and gathered a few books, then tucked ourselves into the corner of the couch for a good read. Several reads of "Go Dog Go", and "Goodnight Moon" later, he was still happy as a clam on my lap. Not wanting to get up and on with our day, when I was enjoying every second of this so much, I pulled out our laptop and Wyatt and I paid a visit to youtube.com. He has been learning farm animal sounds and just loves animals in general, so we looked up various videos of farm animals making noises - this was a huge hit! Wyatt's favorite was the donkey, he would make his "cheeser" face, look at me and crack up laughing as the donkey he-hawed away.
An hour later I decided as much as I was enjoying this rare occasion, we should probably get on with the day. As the day went on Wyatt was his fun and happy self, yet he was getting progressively more cranky. I suspected something might be lurking but was hoping that wasn't the case. Sunday night he slept in our bed, now I knew it was coming, just didn't know when. Monday morning I woke, anticipating a sick son. And yet, no signs of illness. I however was another story. After two and a half years cold free, I was hit, and I think I have a sinus infection to boot! Monday went relatively well, a little crank, but otherwise himself. Monday night he again spent in between Justin and I in bed, Tuesday morning, it had arrived. His first real illness, caught right from me. He's red, he's hot, he's stuffy and cranky and I feel horrible for him. Right now he's down for a nap with a fever of 101.2, and that's after his dose of tylenol. I sure did enjoy the cuddly little boy who I hadn't met before, but now I'm ready for my little fireball back.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...