Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day

Before Justin and I dated, I always told him, I'm not a long term relationship type of person. I guess I just hadn't met the right guy...

Six years ago, Justin and I spent our first Valentines Day together. We weren't yet a couple, but had gone on a couple dates and had been friends for years.

Well, earlier that same month Justin had returned from having reconstructive jaw surgery in Vancouver, followed by six weeks of having his jaw wired shut. And by Valentines day he was still healing and was on a soft food diet, with most of his jaw still numb.

But not being one to admit pain, Justin invited me over for dinner, and the main course was steaks. Rock hard, chewy chewy steaks. Yet, Justin and I sat there, with sprinkled conversation, and awkward silences as we both tried to chew and swallow the bricks in front of us. Neither of us wanting to say anything about how bad they were - now that's love. It wasn't until years later that we talked about how terrible they were!

But, I would rather have rock steaks with Justin then succulent prime rib with anyone else. And now I have a great story to share about our first Valentines together. Happy Valentines Day!

2 comments:

MaggieBirdsell said...

Very very cute!

Cat said...

Very sweet- you guys are lucky!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...